We’ve gathered short videos that show how to effectively use harm reduction supplies. We recommend folks, especially first-time users, review these videos before using. Knowing this info can help you and your community stay safer.
- Steps to Safer Smoking by CATIE (runtime 8m 55s) An overview of signs of overdose, safer crack smoking, safer meth smoking and safer smoking with foil. It’s broken into chapters so you can jump to the info you want.
- Steps to Safer Snorting by CATIE (runtime 6m 47s) Reviews the harm reduction tips for safer snorting. It’s broken into chapters so you can jump to the info you want.
- Steps to Safer Injection by CATIE (runtime 14m 45s) Reviews the steps to safer drug injection. It includes info on commonly injected drugs including fentanyl, powdered heroin, meth, crack, cocaine, and tablets/capsules. It’s broken into chapters so you can jump to the info you want.
- How to Fist Someone (anally) Properly with Nate Grimes (runtime 11m 16s) Porn star Nate Grimes reviews the tips for safer anal fisting. The video doesn’t mention gloves, but SERC always recommends using latex or nitrate gloves for safer fisting. Note: Contains some sexual imagery.
- How to Fist Vaginally (runtime 3m 45s) Quick overview of safer vaginal fisting tips. The video doesn’t mention gloves, but SERC always recommends using latex or nitrate gloves for safer fisting. Note: Video does gender bodies with a vagina.
- Booty Bumping (Hooping) with Gavin from ACT (runtime 9m 50s) Gavin reviews the tips for safer booty bumping or as we like to say in Winnipeg, Hooping.
- GHB/GBL Every Drop Counts (runtime 3m 49s) John and Adam review tips for safer Liquid G use. They cover measuring tools that look a little different than the ones we hand out at SERC, but the key message of measuring your shots to 1-2ml at a time is the same.
- Giving Naloxone (runtime 1m 42) Quick review of how to administer injection naloxone for opioid overdose. Learn where to get free naloxone kits.